Play Therapy for Children with Pervasive Developmental Disorders DVD/ Manual
Students will learn:
- The different disorders on the Autistic Spectrum, and how each affects the child's perceptions.
- How to follow the lead of a child with Pervasive Developmental Disorder or Asperger's Syndrome.
- Learn play therapy techniques to use with higher functioning children.
- Learn to teach play to lower functioning children through the developmental stages of play.
- Learn the red flags of children who might be on the Spectrum, and how to intervene.
About Video/DVD Quality Control. . .
When first deciding to make these video workshops (before the time when digital technology was so widely available), we had a decision to make: produce them professionally at a very high cost or produce them ourselves at lower cost. Because our goal was to disseminate as much play therapy information as possible to mental health professionals with limited budgets, we decided on the latter. Each video workshop is 5 hours long, yet we’ve been able to keep the costs at $95 (including free domestic U.S. shipping/handling). The “trade-off” for this is a slight decrease in video quality. The videos are not glitzy production numbers, but viewers have consistently commented that the quality of information on them is top-notch. In late 2006, the videos were digitally re-mastered, and all new videos will be digitally taped, so the quality has been enhanced.
We spot-check each video for quality before sending it out. If you experience quality problems with your video/DVD beyond the ones mentioned here, we want to make it right. Please call Dr. Heidi G. Kaduson at 1-609-448-2145 to report such problems and to determine the best course of action.
With all this said, we hope you find the videos/DVDs informative and helpful in your therapy work!